Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Upcoming Weekend

Well, we finally got our web cam working. After I found my laptops USB ports. There was a panel in the back of the laptop that I didn't notice before that opened up. I could have saved multiple runs this past weekend to Staples and Office Depot looking for what I thought I needed. Probably a good thing my job isn't in the IT Dept. Anyway, I wanted to see if it was working so I called Mom and Dad (who have had one for probably a month or more and love it!) to try calling me over the computer to test it out. Well it took a while for it to work. First we could hear each other but not see each other. Karenza was sitting beside me at the island in the kitchen and she could hear my Mom from the my laptop and she put her face close up to the screen and said "Grandma?" and Mom talked back to her. She had the weirdest look on her face. Then we finally got the video to work. And there we were sitting on our bar stools in our kitchen and Mom and Dad were in their office and we were making silly faces to each other. I told Mom good thing you spent all this money for us to be able to make funny faces at each other. It is really cool though. I wish I would have had it when I lived in Seattle. After we were done last night I just unhooked the web cam and left it sitting on the counter island and put my laptop on the living room floor. This morning I was making peanut butter and jelly for Karenza before daycare, and she saw that web cam sitting there on the counter and she picked it up and yelled in it "Grandma?" It was so funny!!

Well this weekend we are headed to Grand Forks for Randy's basketball tournament for his 6th grade boys. Looks like a big tournament there are teams from Canada, Minnesota, and South Dakota. I haven't been to Grand Forks for probably 15 years and Randy has never been there. We borrowed Mom and Dad's GPS system so we know how to get around. Karenza is so excited to be staying in a hotel and going swimming again. She has her bag packed. It is about a 4 hour drive and Randy & I are only working a 1/2 day tomorrow so that will be nice. Just a couple things to wrap up for the week and before I start month end when I come back on Monday. It will be nice to get there before dark and check out the town for a while.

Have a Great Weekend! I will post pictures from our weekend when I return.

Miranda

No comments: