Sunday, March 9, 2008
Great Weekend...
Mom called on Friday night to see if Karenza and I wanted to ride along with her and my dad on Saturday morning to Underwood to see my grandpa. They said they would pick us up around 9:30. Randy had a basketball tournament and his first games wasn't until 1:00pm, but he wanted to see a team play at 9:00am and set the alarm for 8am. No sleeping in I guess! So off to his game he went and Karenza and I were off to Underwood. Mom drove and dad and Karenza sat in the back. All the way up to Underwood (about a 45 min/hour drive) Karenza and my dad were making plans for her to stay overnight at papa and grandma's house. My grandpa wasn't having a very good day. I don't even think he knew we were there. Which is so sad, because on his good days he asks to see the "little people" (his great-grandkids) and today Karenza was there to ask him "how is feelings was?" she always asks him that and he looks forward to her asking him that. Today when she asked him I don't think he even knew what she said. All keep saying is "I want to go to sleep". It is so sad to see my grandpa that way. He is such a strong man, and to see him suffer is so hard to see. I love him and sure do miss him dearly. So we didn't stay long. Mom and dad dropped me off at Simile middle school were Randy's tournament was being held and off Karenza went with my mom dad. She sure is getting big now that she is potty trained. No worrying of carrying diapers or anything. I just had to take pj's and clothes for the next day to mom and dad's when I was done. I got there just in time to watch Randy's game. He does such a great job with those kids. Has the patience, yet gets the most out of them. I can really see the improvement he has done with them from the start of the season. And boy do they look up to him! He doesn't see it as much as I do, but they do. It was nice to be able to watch him coach without having Karenza there to watch. Although all the other kids wanted to know where she was. She was missed! There is another tournament next weekend at Century High School so she will be able to go to that one. They lost their first game by about 10 points. They played against a Casselton team and one 6th grader had to be 6'2"! Crazy. Just couldn't box him out or get him out of the lane. But they played three more games and won all three to take home the consolation champs! A parent came up to Randy and I after the game thanking Randy for all his hard work and how good he is with the kids. She said as a mom she appreciates that. I guess the last couple years there coach screamed at the kids. She told Randy she loves his approach towards the kids, and how to get what he wants and the kids still keep their head up. He told the mom that he has a great group of kids and the kids all have great parents that teach them well. I told him he should be proud of what the mom told him. It's a different side to him I haven't seen before. He is so great with those kids! This morning there game was at 8am. We had to be there at 7am. Randy set the alarm for 6:15am and with the time change it was really 5:15am! So I am one tired mama. After their first game we did come home and try to take a rest. There last game was at 1:15 and I called mom and dad to see if Karenza was ready to come home and if we should go and get her. I should have known - she was not ready to come home. Dad answered the phone and said she was having to much fun and that he would let me know when she wanted to come home! She was watching High School Musical 2. Dad was being Troy and Karenza was Gabriella. I bet dad can't wait for one of us to have a boy so he can play cops and robbers just once! She finally came home about 5 or so. Mom and dad had to bribe her with ice cream because she knew when she left mom and dad's that she would have to go home. So they told her lets go get some ice cream. They asked her if she wanted to call mommy and she said yes, dad said he had my number on his cell phone and said are you sure you want to talk to mommy because if I push it you will have to go home. So she said that was okay she didn't want to talk to me! She is something else. Here she came home with ice cream from the Dairy Queen. She was telling mom and dad by, but she told dad "By Troy!" Poor dad! Mom told me that she didn't take a nap either day (dad would lay down with her, no wonder there was no nap!). Mom said that she laid her down and that she cried for mommy and then mom went and got her and tried rocking in the chair. But my dad was in the other chair making faces at her so she would laugh. No wonder why she doesn't want to come home when you can have fun and no rules at papa and grandma's house. Mom and dad said she sure is getting to be such a big girl. How time flies. I don't have to shop in the baby section anymore for her. First no formula, then no diapers! Now she gets to almost wear big girl clothes too. She is only 3, but she acts so much older. Randy is giving her a bath, and I better go help wash her hair. Have a great week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment