Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dying Easter Eggs



Karenza and I dyed Easter eggs tonight and they turned out really cute. We went to Walmart after daycare today and she picked out the dye kit. It came with stickers and a crayon that you can draw on before you put it in the dye. She drew lines on one, swirls on another, and then I wrote her name, "mom" and "dad" on the others. I boiled 10 eggs thinking that was enough for her to find (plus it was all I had). The stickers were funny faces and she would pick out the eyes and the mouth to go on each of the eggs. She sure had fun. She doesn't quite understand the concept of the Easter Bunny coming and hiding them though. While we were at Walmart I let her pick out her Easter Basket (just the basket - it was empty!). She picked out a pink and purple princess one. I thought that this could be an easy way to let her understand how it works. I told her we had to leave the basket out for the Easter Bunny to fill. Although she has to wait until Saturday night to put it out. I am sure I will get asked every day/night until Saturday if it is time to put out the Easter basket. But that's okay. We'll be going to Church on Sunday then to mom and dad's for the afternoon. (I will have to explain at another blog entry the whole conversation Randy and I had with Karenza about God a few days ago - it is quite cute). Can't believe it is Easter already. Seems really early to me.

No comments: