Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy 1st Anniversay!

Today is mine and Randy's 1st anniversary. Crazy how fast a year goes. Last year I know the weather was so much nicer. It was 75 degrees on our wedding! The Expedition Limo we rented had no air conditioning working so I was quite warm! Anyway, it's been a year since then. Although we will have known each other 9 years in August. That's just crazy. My Grandpa and Grandma have been married for 54 years in June (I believe, if my math is correct). For those of you who don't know my grandpa had a stroke in May 2006, and is now paralyzed on the left side of his body and has been in a nursing home ever since. Its amazing to see the love, courage, strength, and devotion my Grandma has. She is a remarkable woman! I told my Mom and Dad that I can't even begin to imagine what Grandma is going through. My Dad said that when you get older you have a different understanding and he didn't know how to quite explain it, but that you understand that someone is caring for your loved one and that makes you happy that they are being cared for. Maybe I'll get it one day, but as of now I hope that Randy and I have 54+ years together. You wait your whole life to have someone make you happy and to be able to build your dreams with. To be the father to your children. I have an amazing man that makes me laugh and feel loved everyday. In the deepest of sorrows to the highest of highs I know I have him by my side for life. Here is to us, Honey, and many more. I love you with all my heart and soul.

No comments: