Below are pictures from our weekend, and pictures of Karenza helping Mom with her and Dad's Christmas tree last week. The pictures are dark, and I am not sure what is up with my camera because it doesn't look that dark on my camera. I may be shopping for a new digital camera soon!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Valley City Basketball Tourney
On Saturday we headed to Valley City for a one-day tournament for Randy's 7th grade traveling basketball team. They did very well, and won the tournament. They haven't lost a game yet this season. Our next tournament is Dec. 20th and 21st and is in Bismarck. We sure had fun. We hadn't been back to Valley City since Randy and I left back in 2000. So it's been 8 years. We drove through campus, and showed Karenza where Mommy's dorm room was, and where Daddy stayed. We told her this is where Mommy and Daddy became boyfriend and girlfriend and she immediately said she wanted to go to school there! Things haven't changed much, but it feels like I haven't been back in forever. All the fun, and memories we have there. I wanted to drive by my old apartment, but we just didn't have time. After the tournament we had pizza at Pizza Corner Pizza with my aunt & uncle Larry and Marylee and my cousins Travis and Jamie and Jamie's fiancee Mandy and her little boy Alex. He is 5, and he and Karenza had fun in the playland area. We didn't get home until about 10:00pm, and had left at about 8am. So it was a fun filled day!!
Below are pictures from our weekend, and pictures of Karenza helping Mom with her and Dad's Christmas tree last week. The pictures are dark, and I am not sure what is up with my camera because it doesn't look that dark on my camera. I may be shopping for a new digital camera soon!!
Here they are with their trophies
Karenza and David (a brother of one of the players) on the stage. This tourney was in the old Rec building that I think was built in the 1950's. It's a really neat building.
Karenza found an old piano. She is so hard to keep track of I was visiting with a Mom, and then I looked to where she was the last time I saw here, and she wasn't there any more. I had heard a piano playing, and so I followed where it was coming from and this is what I found. She was playing and singing some High School Musical song. Other parents were impressed on how well she can sing!! Little fart can sing on tune.
Here she is rounding all the boys up. We had about an hour and a half before they had to play again and we were just all hanging in the concession area and she rounded all the boys up to have a little pep talk. Keep in mind they are about 13 years old, and in the 7th grade and they are listening to her!
Here she is telling them that they need to play hard for her Dad. And don't fall on the ground, and please listen to my Daddy when he tells you to work hard! They were laughing, but she had their attention. I wish I had video tape because it was hilarious!
After her pep talk with them she then told them to "bring it in" because that is what Randy says to them and they all put their hands together and they said what are we going to say? She said "Chaos!" That is the name of the team, and so she counted 1, 2, 3, and then they all said Chaos! She had all the parents laughing, and they all said if Randy has any trouble bringing the boys together we will just call on Karenza.
Below are pictures from our weekend, and pictures of Karenza helping Mom with her and Dad's Christmas tree last week. The pictures are dark, and I am not sure what is up with my camera because it doesn't look that dark on my camera. I may be shopping for a new digital camera soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment