Monday, December 22, 2008

Tire Shoes???

This morning when we were getting ready I was putting on Karenza's shoes. She said "Mommy, let me tie it." Well, she can't tie her own shoes yet. But, I put the other shoe on and then I "helped" her tie her own shoes. Then as I was putting her in the truck she said, Mommy "Why do you say tire shoes?" I laughed, and said really slow "No, babe, I said tie-your-shoes" She said, "That's what I said Mom, tire shoes!" I just laughed and tried telling her really slow again, and she just didn't get it! HaHaHa.

It was so cold this morning. I was so busy this morning that I hadn't had time to check the weather before we went outside. The truck said -19! Brrr!!!!!! The car barely started (I started the car for Randy when Karenza and I were leaving this morning). It still never doubts us, and eventually started!! I later found out it was -41 wind chill this morning. Wow!!! I also found out today that if we get another 3 inches of snow this month we will have beat the record of snow ever received in the month of December. We have already received 19 inches of snow this month. The record was set back in 1916!! It is suppose to start snowing again tonight and tomorrow. Christmas it is suppose to get up to 17 degrees!! Yippee. I don't ever remember having this much snow for a long time!!

This past weekend Randy had a Holiday Shootout up at Horizon Middle School for his 7th grade boys. They did end up winning the tournament and they only won by one point! It was a close one!! I do have pictures to upload but I can't find my USB cord. Friday night we told Karenza it was her night and she got to choose were we ate and what to do. She choose McDonald's and a movie. So we took her to Madagascar: Escape to Africa. It was a really good movie. Better then the first one we thought. Sunday night Randy had free tickets to the Wizards game (NBA Development League team her in Bismarck) from his work so we took Karenza. They were really good seats! Really close to the floor. I took a picture of the coach of the other team because Karenza told Randy and I "Mom & Dad, look, there is the guy we voted for!" I said "what?" She said, "Right, there Mom, that Obama guy!" We just laughed, and told her that it wasn't really him, but it sure did look like him. Even though he really didn't! HaHa After the game was over we sat close by where the guys would run into the locker room, and I leaned Karenza over the railing and she slapped all the guys hands and said good job. They all stopped and gave her high-fives. They loved her, and she loved them! She told us that we can take her again to those games! She loved the mascot, Dunkie - the Wizard. She kept telling me "Mom, he isn't a real wizard he's just a fake one!"

Today I did a little more Christmas shopping for Karenza, and I am done (I think, I hope!). I am horrible when it comes to her. I just keep getting stuff. Anyway, Tomorrow is Karenza's last day at daycare until after the first of the year. Tomorrow I do have a workshop I have to go to for my Unemployment. I do (finally) have an interview scheduled for Jan. 6th for an Accounts Payable job for the County. I think there are a lot of people applying for the job, so we'll see how far I get! At least I have an interview I am excited about that. I have applied for, what seems like a million jobs and no one calls me! We'll see. I would love to start working soon!!

For Christmas Eve we are heading to Mom and Dad's. Hol and Jer won't be coming until Christmas Day. I can't wait, I absolutely love Christmas. I love watching Karenza and Cassidy opening presents. I love just being together drinking Mom's famous daiquiris. Or eating Grandma's goodies! I love it because I remember all the good things/traditions we did as a kid and now I get to do those with Karenza and Cassidy. The remind me of Holly and me so much! I just have to giggle! Anyway, I just can't wait. :-)

No comments: