Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and were able to spend it with the one's you loved. We had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve we went to Mom & Dad's around 4pm. We usually open our gifts on Christmas Eve, and open our stocking stuffers on Christmas Day. Holly, Jer and the girls were coming Christmas Day and Grandma was at Carmen's for Christmas Eve and would be coming on Christmas Day. So it was just Mom, Dad, and us. We let Karenza open all her gifts, and we opened the gifts to each other. I got a beautiful jewelry box from my husband, and a beautiful heart shape necklace from my daughter. She also made ornaments at daycare that she painted. I will take a picture and post them too. I got a new set of dishes, new kettles, new outfit, new purse from Mom and Dad. I got my husband an Alabama t-shirt for when they beat Auburn this year in the Iron Bowl (they hadn't beat Auburn in 6 years). He loved it!! And I also got him some cologne.


Mom and Dad's next door neighbor and their kids stopped over when we first got to Mom and Dad's on Christmas Eve. He has a Santa suit and was dressing up to go make an appearance at another house. We asked if he could drop by Mom and Dad's in the early evening to bring Karenza her present. He said he would drop by about 6:30 or 7:00pm. I left the Barbie in Mom and Dad's garage. We started opening presents and pretty soon we heard some bells jingle and a great big HO HO HO! Pretty soon there was a knock on the door. I have it on video tape, and some pictures of her face. Her face was priceless. Mom said "Come on let's go see who it is". She wasn't so sure at first,and hid behind a box. So Dad opened the door, and when Santa walked in he said "Is there a little girl by the name of Karenza Grayson that is here?" She ran to him and gave him a great big hug. He gave her the life size barbie and she thanked him and thanked him. He thanked her for being such a good girl. She then ran to the window and asked where his reindeer where. He thought quickly and said the sleigh broke down the road and the neighbor was helping him fix it quick while he delivered the presents in this neighborhood. She thought that was a good enough answer because she didn't press him any more. She loved the life size barbie! I guess it was well worth the $100.00! We stayed the night at Mom and Dad's on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Day when she woke up she looked under the tree and said "Where is my night light that I asked Santa for too?" I had no idea she had asked Santa that! She said "I can't believe he would have forgotten that!" Well why I kept her preoccupied Mom actually had a night light downstairs and so Dad ran down and got it and put it in a little box. He put it on the front step when she wasn't looking. He told her that maybe they should open the door because the door was actually locked last night and Santa couldn't get in so maybe he left it. Sure enough she opened the door, and there was that night light. She was so excited, and said "I knew Santa wouldn't have forgotten!" So we had all the basis covered I guess.

Yesterday sure was fun too. With all the girls and the whole family together. Addie sure is getting so big. I miss watching her so much, and being able to see her when ever I want. Yesterday Mom, Holly, and I had her laughing so hard. It was so cute! You barely have to look at her and say something and she just grins. She is such a perfect baby! She never fusses. I want a baby like that! Cass and Karenza played with all their new things they got for Christmas. Mom and Dad got them lockers. Cassidy's was filling hers up and was so neat and organized. Karenza yelled at me saying "Mom, help it won't shut!" So I went to help her and I opened up the door and she had so much stuff shoved in there! I told her she can't have that much stuff in there. Two different kids! We came home last night, and had a heck of a time fitting everything in our truck. Must have had to make 5 or 6 trips in the house! Now just trying to find a place for all our new stuff! ;-) Below are some pictures off of Dad's camera over the last couple days. I haven't downloaded mine yet. But I will soon. Karenza is home with me now until after the first of the year! Not sure what we will do today. Randy has to work, so maybe we hit some stores and see what we can find for good deals.
Also, just so you know when Cass was little she could never say my name. Everyone knows my nickname is Mandy or Nan(my Dad and uncle gave this to me, not sure how I got it, but it has always just stuck!). So Cass has always called me Nana. Mom has always been Grandma or Granny. So when I refer to Nana, it's me! :-) See pics below:
Santa giving Karenza her Life Size Barbie
Karenza and her Life Size Barbie
Randy and his screwdriver set he wanted and received from Mom & Dad

Randy giving Karenza kisses for the sweater she got him. She went shopping with my Dad and she picked it out all by her self, and he loved it.



My jewlery box from my husband

Jer and Addison

Cassidy opening her presents

Holly and Miss Addie

Cassidy waiting patiently to open her last present (it was a telescope from Papa and Grandma)

Our Girls!

Miss Addie giggling for her Nana! I love that face!


Playing with her new rattle. I love the bumbo seat Mom & Dad got her. She looks so fartin' cute in this seat, and she loves it. Mom had her sitting on the counter while she was getting lunch ready and she would just look around! I love that her feet don't touch the counter! She is 4 months old today! And how cute is she?!

How cute is that?

Grandma and Addie getting ready for bed.

No comments: