Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa, Christmas Party, & Blizzard

Hello! What a busy weekend. Friday afternoon I went to the Civic Center with Mom and Dad to watch Carrington Boys basketball team play. It was nice to see them. I hadn't seen a boys basketball game probably since I stopped cheerleading for them over 11 years ago! We saw some old friends from Carrington, and the boys won so that was good. That night Clete and Karen were in town so we went out for drinks. Saturday we took Karenza to see Santa. We were standing in line for about 5 minutes and then Santa took a 10-15 minute break. When he came back Karenza was so excited to see him, as he walked right by her. He waved, and said thank you for being such a good girl and waiting in line for me! She said, "Your Welcome, and Santa, I have also been a very good girl for my Mom and Dad!" He said, "I know I've been watching you!" She jumped up and down and was clapping her hands. It was finally her turn, and she couldn't wait. She sat on his lap and proceed to tell him that she wanted a Barbie as big as her. He made her stand up and he measured her and said I better get the elves to work right away. He said is there anything else you would like? She said a jewelry box would be nice too. Then she said "Santa I saw your reindeer last night" (On Thursday we went to Linton with Mom and Dad to Cassidy's Christmas concert. On the way there we had to stop on the road because deer were crossing. You should have seen Karenza's eyes! I mean my Dad honked the horn and they didn't run. They were looking in the vehicle and Karenza just thought that was amazing as she saw Santa's deer. She then told us "Well Rudolph wasn't there, because I didn't see one with a shiny nose!") So she tell's Santa this sitting on his lap. And he says "Sometimes I am to busy to be watching all the kids all the time so I have to send my Reindeer." And that is exactly what Mom, Dad, and I had told her! Perfect. There was such a long line, but she wanted to chat with Santa some more. She had her arm around his shoulder and was playing with his buttons on his shirt, and she asks him "So Santa, How are things at the North Pole?" I laughed, and Randy shook his head like he always does when she does something funny. Santa said "Pretty busy, you sure do know a lot about Christmas!" I had to tell her we had to go because it was the next kids turn in line. She didn't want to leave. Santa gave her a book, a coloring book, and some crayons. We bought 3 pictures for $16.00 and the quality didn't turn out very good. But it is what it is. After we got our pictures (we had to wait 5 minutes) she said "Oh, shoot!" I said "What?" She said "Mom, I forgot to tell him I wanted a laptop!" I said "What are you going to do with a laptop, Karenza, you're 4!" She said "Mom, I would push buttons just like you!" I said "Well, we'll write him a letter!"



Saturday night we had Dr. Brian Gale's Christmas party. He coaches football with Randy and we've become really good friends with him. We had it at his office. He owns his own Ankle & Foot Clinic. It was blizzarding outside, but we still made it. Drinks and good food inside! It was fun. We played Guitar Hero in the conference room on the big screen with it hooked up to the stereo system. Karenza was excited for us to be gone as she was being babysat by the "Cheerleader" that is what Karenza calls her, but her name is Danielle. She is a cheerleader for football and is just beginning to babysit. So we took her to her place so her Mom could help out a little bit. They both had a blast. Yesterday we stayed home all day. It was -11 and with the wind chill it was close to -50! So I thought nothing better then to be using the oven and make some goodies. I made little cheesecake tarts, Randy wanted brownies, and then I made chicken, rice, and stuffing for supper. And being home all day yesterday I am terrible, and let Karenza open a present. I let her open a Party Boat Polly Pocket set. She loved it of course and has been playing with it all day!! It was -19 below this morning when Randy left for work and close to -50 below wind chill. I wasn't sure if the truck would start. It doesn't have a block heater in it. When we bought it our Expedition the car dealership we bought it from a car auction in the south I believe. But it did start just fine this morning as we had it parked in the garage. But the garage isn't insulated. Anyway, Karenza and I are staying cuddled inside. I am having supper with a girlfriend tonight though. Brrrr!!!!! Have a great week, and stay warm!!

No comments: