This weekend was actually relaxing because we really didn't have anything planned. Saturday morning I slept until 10:15!! I can't remember the last time Karenza stayed in bed so long. I was so shocked to see the time when she came into our room. We decided to go to the mall. Randy had a gift certificate to Scheels he had received so we were going to go check and see what they had. We hadn't been to the mall probably since Christmas! So we spent all afternoon. Karenza was good for the most part. I never know what I get with her some days. We ended up buying a Twins jersey and a Yankees t-shirt for Karenza. We had looked at shoes for her, but didn't find anything we really liked for her. They measured her foot and told me she wear a 10 1/2! She tried on a pair of 10 1/2's and it looked like she had ski's on! She is in 8's right now and is walking just fine. I think they measured her foot wrong. I'll have to re-measure sometime when there isn't a salesperson around. Anyway, we decided to have lunch at Arby's and we couldn't believe that for a combo meal is was over $7.00! It was $18.00 for the three of us to eat at Arby's. For some reason that flabbergasted me! Then I asked Randy if he had a mother's day gift for me (knowing he probably didn't, because I know my husband so well). So I told him I had been eyeing a purse and if he wanted to go look at it we could! So he just smiled knowing that he was going to end up buying it for me. So now I have a fabulous new pink purse! We got home about 2:30 and decided we wanted to take naps. Karenza laid in her own bed and I was reclined in the chair, but my husband had other ideas (like make some popcorn, and put ice cubes in a glass) so I just went to the bedroom and tried laying down instead. :-) Randy came and got me at about 4:00 because my Mom and Dad had showed up. They had been out and about and stopped over. My dad bought me a spa package at Spa D'Athena. I love that place and still have one from my husband for my birthday that I will combine and use Friday (as I took this day off of work to just be pampered) and so that I can start tanning! My mom brought me a nice shirt too. I thought they were just giving me my Mother's Day present early. We decided that we would have a late dinner on Sunday so that Jer could get some things done he needed to on Sunday morning. We decided to go to Minerva's. It's a restaurant at The Kelly Inn. I have never been there and my Mom and Dad go there often. They said it was really good. So I called for reservations. Then on Sunday we had a late breakfast and then went and washed the truck. The truck takes about an hour and a half to wash as we have to scrub the rims and shine them up! Drives me crazy, but since I drive it the most I go help. I guess it's only fair. Minerva's was really good. I had stuffed manicotti with chicken breast and Randy had the prime rib. It was delicious! I also received another present from my parents. A really nice outfit (capris and matching shirt). It was a very nice mother's day. Karenza was kind of confused as to what yesterday was. Randy told her to tell me Happy Mother's Day, and she said "Happy Mommy's Day!" and then she started to sing me happy birthday. Then when we went for dinner she told my mom "surprise!" grandma it's your day. Then when Holly came she said "Happy Aunties' Day!" It was cute. Hope all the Mom's who read my blog had a great mother's day!
Have a great week!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment