Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An Effective Weekend

Wow! The weekend always seem to fly by and I never seem to get anything done at home. Maybe it's because I work from home, and like to be gone during the weekend. However, with it raining a couple days and it being cool outside we decided to do some cleaning this weekend. On Saturday we cleaned Karenza's room. Threw away some toys that were broken, and packed up toys she doesn't play with anymore. I re-arranged her room so it is more efficient for her to play. I put her kitchen toys in one place, her play clothes/dress-up in another place, stuffed animals in another place, barbie dolls and dolls in another place. It took all afternoon to go through all her stuff, but it is so nice now and not to mention clean!! She has been playing in her room non-stop since. We then were going to start on Randy and my bedroom, but we didn't start on Saturday. We were like we got two more days! So Sunday morning we woke up and Karenza and I started making pancakes and the phone rang at 10:15, and before I could see who it was I said to Karenza "I bet that's Papa!" Sure enough he wanted to take us for breakfast. So we put the pancake mix in the fridge and would save it for breakfast Monday morning. So after breakfast with Mom and Dad we went to every parking lot in Bismarck/Mandan to look at cars. We aren't looking for anything new now, but our truck is going to be paid off in 8 months and we would like to update to a newer car instead of having to drive the Expedition everywhere all the time. We don't seem to all work well in the Mazda! So we wanted to look to see what we like. Only seen a couple that caught our eye. The Mazda is good for Randy to do all is running in because it gets good gas mileage. Anyway, we came home and all took naps. Mom called at 2:15 to ask is we were home because they were at a farmer's market and had fruit for us. They bought us a seedless water melon, apples, and a cantaloupe. It is so fresh and so good! Mom even cut it up before she left which is even better! I never know how to cut fruit and usually end up hacking the crap out of it! Well, Karenza was still sleeping when they came and I told Dad that he could go wake her up as she had been sleeping for a couple hours. So he did. "It's so nice to see you again, Papa!" is what Karenza said. She ate some fruit and her and Papa went to play in her room. Mom and Dad were headed to S&B landscaping to buy another fruit tree for their back yard. It closed at 5:00 Mom thought, and Mom had to watch the time to make sure they would make it in time. My Dad told Karenza that he had to go, but that he'd see her again real soon. She started to cry and said "Papa it hurts my feelings when you have to go 'cause your part of my life!" Well, you can about imagine how that made my Dad feel! It about broke is heart to walk out the door. She knows just how to get you at the right time the little stinker! It's Dad's birthday tonight so we are meeting for supper. He wanted to go to the kids store (Snoopers) for supper. It's a place where he takes the girls and it has a indoor playground and it sells pizza and hot dogs (that aren't the best!). I told Mom to tell him that he doesn't need to decided on a place for a 9 and 3 year old! It's his birthday and his choice where we eat. He has decided on A&B Pizza where they have games there for kids. Should be a fun night. Randy stayed home with Karenza today as her daycare was going to close at noon today anyway so he just kept her home. She has been practicing singing Happy Birthday so she can sing it to Papa. Randy took her to the YMCA to play basketball and play and get her out of the house so I could work. They had been gone almost all day. It's nice they do that, and she gets to spend time with her Dad because it is usually her and me spending all the time together. She gets to do things with him that I don't do with her so she loves it. I can't wait until it gets a little bit nicer out and then her and I will go for nature walks or bike rides on the bike/walking trail by our house. I'll bring my camera tonight to supper, and hopefully remember to take pictures. I forgot on my Mom's birthday so we'll see! Have a great, short week!

Miranda

No comments: