Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Early Mother's Day Present for Me

This is the back of my Mother's Day present from Karenza from daycare today.
And this is the front of it. Isn't that the most precious gift from a three year old? Randy picked her up from daycare today, and she couldn't wait to give me "my present"! I met them outside as Randy had to quick get to a workout with one of his kids he is training, and I had an errand to run quick (run and get a 6-pack for Randy's first softball game tonight). So I hopped in the truck handed Randy the keys to the car. I barely was in the truck and she was trying to hand me "my present". She said "Here Mommy, I made you a present today!" I wasn't expecting anything from her, and I always forget that she has such a thoughtful daycare provider that now that I think about it I should have known I was going to be getting something! Karenza loves to draw smiley faces. My Dad taught her how to draw smiley faces and funny stick people. For a three year old they are pretty good smiley faces. I love to watch her work with a pen/pencil/marker/crayon. It's so cute with her little fingers. I usually have to tell her to hold the pen closer to the tip so that it will write. I had tears in my eyes just because I wasn't expecting to receive anything and its the best present a mom could get. Over any purse, shoes, whatever! I have been thinking the last couple weeks that I wanted to do her hands again because she is only three and I don't have any hand prints of her since probably one. How perfect! I love the little creases of her hands, and they are always so busy. This morning I let her dress herself (first time she really wanted a say in what she was wearing). I only made her change to a t-shirt instead of a sweatshirt otherwise it matched (pretty well). She is pretty easy to persuade into wearing something else, hopefully that will stay when she's 16 (cross fingers)!! I just wanted to wish all my great friends who are mom's, my very special aunts, my very devoted and loving Grandma, my incredible sister-in-laws, my amazing sister, and of course my wonderful mother a very Happy Mother's Day.

Love,
Miranda

No comments: