Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cassidy & The Toothfairy

This is just too hilarious not to share! I laughed until I had tears in my eyes the way Holly told me at lunch. Okay, so Cassidy lost one of her big teeth on the side/kind of in the back and she was excited because it was a big tooth and that she was thinking she would get a lot of money for it. So she left it out I believe Tuesday night. The next morning the tooth fairy left $5.00, But forgot to take the tooth. She said that last time the tooth fairy forgot to take her tooth he paid her twice. (Cassidy has always thought the tooth fairy is a guy, and that his real name is Kyle so that is why I use "he"!). Anyway, so Holly told me this on Wednesday and she said so I suppose the "tooth fairy" will have to leave another $1.00. So last night before Cassidy went to bed she put the tooth in a little basket she had just bought at her school rummage sale (her school has a rummage sale where kids bring in items and other kids can buy them she took $8.00 to school with her last Friday and she brought presents home for everyone (Karenza got a barbie doll, I got a nice bowl/dish, and Randy got some football cards). She is such a thoughtful girl! So back to the basket. She put the tooth in the basket and last night after she was in bed Holly was cleaning and didn't really like the basket and was wondering what she was going to do with it. It was just taking up space. So she thought this was a good way of getting "rid" of the basket. So the "tooth fairy" left Cassidy a note that thanked her for the lovely basket and the tooth fairy left another $1.00. And the basket actually went in the garbage. So this morning when Cassidy woke up and saw that the tooth fairy took her basket she was livid! Holly said she was so mad. She said "Why would the tooth fairy think he could just take the basket? I paid 75 cents for that basket!" Holly said "Well, maybe Mom can give you 75 cents" hoping that the basket could stay in the garbage. Holly said she went to finish getting ready for work this morning and when she came back in the kitchen there was a note from Cassidy to the tooth fairy that read "Keep the dollar I WANT MY BASKET BACK!!!!" and that is how she wrote it on the paper Holly said. So Holly asked her what the letter was for. And Cassidy told her "That is my FIRM letter to the tooth fairy, he can't just take my basket, Mom!" So Cassidy was in the car waiting for Holly and Holly dug the basket out of the garbage and left her a note that said "Here is your basket, and you can keep the dollar!" Isn't that the funniest story ever? I laughed and laughed when Holly told me to the point I had tears running down my face. Kids. I told Holly that she should keep the notes and put them in her baby book so that she can read them when she gets 18! She is going to laugh when she gets older.

1 comment:

Melanie Ostergard said...

That is a hilarious story, definitely keep the notes...she'll love it when she's older!

Mel