Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Karenza's Own Haircut

Okay so last night I decided to take Karenza's braids out. Which I haven't posted any pictures of since she got them braided over a week ago. See below.



It was really cute and she loved wearing the barrettes because they made noise when she walked. Anyway, last night I decided I was going to take them out. We sat in her room and put Cinderella in. They take for ever for me to take out. We started at 8:30 and I thought it would only take about a 1/2 hour and she could have a bath and then to bed. I didn't finish until 10:00! So it was a quick quick bath enough to wash her hair and get straight to bed!! Anyway, in the middle of taking these braids out my cell phone rang and I got up to answer it and made the mistake of leaving the scissors behind (that I was using to cut the small rubber bands out). By the time I got to my cell phone it had stopped ringing so I checked to see who called. I then walked back in Karenza's room (so this was all less then a minute or so of me leaving her room) and the first thing she says to me when I walked back in her room was "Mommy, I didn't cut anything!" I said, "What?" I looked on the bed and there the scissors laid in what I thought was in the same exact position as I had left. So I thought maybe she had thought about it but didn't follow through. So I continued to undo her braids and I get to one that looked an awful limp! It was holding on by "hairs" literally! So I told Randy to come look at what she did, and he says to me "What, did you let her cut her hair right in front of you?" I looked at him like okay I'm not that dumb to let my three year old play with scissors (at least not in front of me!). I just leave them out in the open for her to play with them by her self! So I had to cut the rest of it off. The good thing about her hair texture is that you can't really tell. I took a picture of the braid against Karenza's toothbrush so that you can actually see how long of a braid she cut off!
Then it was quick to bed for her, and before we went to bed last night when we checked on her this is how she was sleeping! Her hair is still wet you can see, and you can also see how curly it gets. If I only had more time to do her hair in the morning during the week it would look so cute, but until she can start doing her own hair it is what it is I guess. And, I did move her more in the middle of her bed so she wouldn't fall out!



I know all kids have a story like this. I have one of cutting my sisters hair, and so I will keep this lock of hair and put it in the baby book with the date of which she cut it off!

No comments: