Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Girls and Their Shoes...

If any guys read my blog this may be one that may not interest you so much, but feel free to read anyway.

So ladies, you know that feeling you get when you get a new pair of shoes? Isn't it a great feeling? You are hoping they aren't going to hurt, leave blisters, hoping to get so many compliments and that they are going to go with the perfect outfit (whether you have one at home they can go with or they are just too cute to pass up that now you have to find an outfit to go with them!) I got to thinking about this tonight on my way to get Karenza. I had on a new pair of shoes. Really cute ones for a great price (they are pink!). I was just wearing a white shirt and jeans. I had no make-up on and I had my hair pulled back in a pony tail. But I felt great because mama had on a new pair of shoes! I probably was walking with a smile on my face and didn't even know it. But, it got me thinking that when I have a new accessory whether it be a new pair of shoes, a new purse, new earrings, or bracelt, even new make-up or perfume that you feel a little different. Nobody else probably notices (by that I mean probably not even my husband) knows that you are carrying a new purse or have new shoes on but that you feel like you are walking around while your accessory is just glowing/beaming and everyone should know that you have on new shoes or are carrying a new purse. Only your close girlfriends notice, because us girls just have that kind of sense. I just felt great walking to my truck (15 feet) driving to get Karenza, getting out of the truck to get her, and driving back home and walking into the house. No one even saw my shoes, but as the sun was shining and my sunroof was open on the expedition I could feel my shoes just beeming through the sunroof as I was blasting Mariah Carey through my stereo. Its just great to be a woman isn't it? I can't wait to share these things with my daughter! :-)

P.S. My mother found another great deal too, that just happens to be on a pair of shoes. They were too big for her, too small for Holly, but just perfect for me (as I just typed that it seems almost the line to Cinderella!). They were $65 shoes on sales for $34 plus another 40% off of that. Mom said that she would fine someone to where the shoes, they were just too good of a deal to not get them. They are so cute and fit me perfectly! Holly is hoping I can break them in and then get too big for me that then they will fit her. So we'll see.

No comments: