Thursday, July 31, 2008

Brett Favre to Minnesota, Really?

Well, since my husband and I have the TV on the ESPN channel 80% of the time we have been following closely about the whole Brett Favre saga. At first they reported there was absolutely no chance the Packers would trade to any team in the NFC North, because they wouldn't want him to come back and haunt him. First the only two team that they would be willing to trade to were the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or the New York Jets. Which, both teams could use a quarterback. All along, for how much Brett Favre has thrown blows to the Vikings, I have secretly wished he would put on a purple uniform. I don't like Brett, but I love how he play football. Especially this last year! Not to mention he did wonders for my fantasy football league! We just watched NFL Live, and now according to John Clayton and Chris Mortenson (reporters for ESPN), the Vikings now seem the only possibility as the team that Brett would be interested in being traded too. I heard the Viking would give a third round draft pick and maybe Chester Taylor. If this is the case, what I wouldn't give to be at the Metrodome this year! Is this too good to be true? Did the NFL have this planned all along to generate more money? Makes you kind of wonder doesn't it. But, I would love to be there at a game this year. I have seen the Vikings play before. In Denver for my 21st birthday, and a couple times when we lived in Seattle but never (and I repeat NEVER) have been in the Metrodome to actually cheer with other Viking fans! I'll keep watching to see if Brett will be soon a Purple People Eater! I just hope the Vikings don't give up Adrian Peterson or someone of that caliber. You wouldn't think they would be so stupid, but Minnesota has been known to give up their star players for little or not comparable value in return. I mean Napoleon Harris and a 4th round draft pick for Randy Moss - please! Sebastian Telfair, Al Jefferson, (and others I can't think of now) and some cash for Kevin Garnett - please! They trade OJ Mayo to Memphis for Kevin Love in this years NBA draft! Come on! OJ Mayo would sell more tickets, plus I think he is just a better player then Kevin Love - I'm tellin' you. The Twins also let go of Santana to the Mets and Torii Hunter to the Angels. Although, the Twins are pretty good and holding there own this season. The next couple years should be interesting. I should run my own team! haha Okay just a big dream of mine! We'll see how things work out! Brett Favre please put on a purple jersey!!!! We know you can throw a football in the metrodome!

No comments: