Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Karenza's Diagnosis
Well, we just got back from the doctor and Karenza has been diagnosed with strep throat. He said she has pockets on her tonsils and with the headaches and fever this is probably the cause. They tested her for strep, and even though the test came back negative (he said sometimes they aren't real accurate - especially with trying to swab a kid's throat) he is treating her for strep though. He gave her some zithromax and she is to take a tsp. one time a day for three days. No daycare though 'til Monday, and it's month end for me! Mom was here today, and helped me out. Which was so nice of her to help me out. I have a conference tomorrow for about an hour and then I will start month end. Not sure if Randy can get away. The hours he can get at work I don't want him to have to leave if he can get hours so we'll see how these last couple days go. I may be working over the weekend! But at least I now know what's been wrong with her. She hasn't been complaining of a soar throat, but he said sometimes that isn't one of the symptoms you get from strep throat. She weighs 34lbs (down 3lbs because she hasn't eaten the last couple days). He said the eating doesn't bother him, just make sure she has plenty of fluids to drink! So she wanted a cognac glass that Randy drinks his Grand Marnier in to put her juice in. Looks like white wine! But whatever it takes to get her to drink! Will let you know how the next couple days go. Hopefully I will be getting some sleep the next couple nights!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment