Monday, February 25, 2008

Start of the week...

The start of another week. The weekends seem to go so fast! It was nice to get away for a day and a half, but I sure do miss my baby when I am away. Randy and I were both glad they lost their last game so that we didn't have to wait around to the last game at 3:30. Plus the time difference Dickinson is an hour behind us so it would have been 4:30 Bismarck time when the game started. We were able to be home by that time. I had never been to Dickinson to stay overnight or seen much of the town. It sure is a pretty place it has a nice high school and nice college. The weather was beautiful. Most of the other players on Randy's team went down Friday night, but I didn't want to be away from Karenza for two days. We were there by 9:00am (mountain time). All the other players wives were surprised to see us that early. Not sure why. One wife said Miranda runs a pretty tight ship and has to be organized. She also told them that I told her we were leaving town at 9:00am and told them we probably left at 8:57am! She was so right.

Anyway, when we arrived back in Bismarck we drove right to my mom and dad's and of course they were gone! I was about to call Mom on my cell phone and here they come driving in. Karenza was happy to see us, and had a lot to tell! When she got out of the Tahoe she still had her 3-D glasses on and was telling me all about how she had to wear them at the movie theater. The Hannah Montana movie was definitely a hit. I asked Mom if she kept them on for the movie and Mom said that she would look over and Karenza would have them on the top of her head and so Mom would pull them down to hear eyes. Then Mom would look over again and the bow would be off her ear, and mom would tuck it behind her ear. Mom said they sat way in the back so the girls could get up and dance. Karenza was up and dancing. I still can't believe they paid $18 a piece to take the girls! Randy and I were talking about that on the drive home, and he said knowing your parents they'll spend $100 - $150 today to take the girls to the movie and of course popcorn and all the fixings. Like my Dad would say "What are grandparents for? I want to make them feel like a million bucks!" He is in Vegas this week for meetings so if he spends his $5 gambling (not much of a gambler) maybe he will hit a jackpot!

Holly had her 2nd doctor appointment today. I haven't spoke to her yet, but last night Cassidy was pretty excited that they were going to be able to hear the babies heartbeat. She was going with to the appointment today. 6 months seems a long time away for a baby to come! :o)

Have a great week.

No comments: