Friday, February 22, 2008

Big Girl

I was able to snap a quick picture of Karenza with her new panties. I just think they are so cute. Randy thinks I am obsessed with her butt (maybe I am), but it just so damn cute!! Sometimes when she is in a goofy mood she'll say "Mom, you can pinch my butt!" I just love it! She was so easy to potty train. One night after she came home from daycare (in mid-December) I put panties on her and told her to let me know when she needed to go. She did awesome that night. Before we went to bed I put a pull up on her and she woke up dry and so we hurried into the bathroom and she was upset that I was going to put another pull up on her. She wanted to wear panties to daycare. So I told her that she need to make absolutely sure that she needed to tell Cindy when she needed to go potty. I took an extra pair of clothes just in case (in all honesty I thought she would have an accident). To my surprise when I came to pick her up she was in the same clothes I took her in!! And the rest is history! I think she was ready a long time ago. Maybe I was the one who wasn't ready, I don't know. I think since she had big girls panties on she knew she couldn't go, but having a pull up on she knew they were still like diapers and she knew she could still go in them. It was so easy! We have had a few accidents, mostly by the potty because we can't get our pants down fast enough. She gets so disappointed with her self when she has an accident. But I reassure her that I am still very proud of her. Now I don't have a baby anymore. I have a big girl. And she reminds me every day. She has known her alphabet for so long (before two years old), been able to count to 20 for a while (since 2), and has gotten really good at her colors and shapes. It is just amazing to see her little mind work. I bought a few hidden picture books, and some ABC and 123 books where you had to do some matching and finding stickers to match the shapes. She was great at it! I have to buy some more as she has completed most all of them. She fascinates me!

No comments: