Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The Robinson Side of the Family
This past weekend sure made me think of how special family is and to not take them for granted. The years sure seem to fly by. See when I was in the 8th grade I found out that my favorite uncle Paul (my dad's brother) had a child (a son, Wade) when he was a year out of high school. All those previous years I thought he was a bachlor, and he was so wonderful to my sister and I so of course I automatically assumed he would want to have a relationship with his son. Well, I was wrong. He has yet to see his son to this day. And a matter of fact I haven't seen my uncle since my grandpa passed when I was a senior in high school. It will be 12 years ago since I've seen my uncle in September, and it was 12-13 years since I've seen Wade. My uncle had an accident where he lost his arm right around when Wade was born, and I have been told that he didn't want Wade's mom to settle and thought she could do much better. As the years would progress I never knew Wade existed until I was in the 8th grade. My parents have a relationship with him and we have included him in our family. Wade lives in Coon Rapids, MN and is married to Mindy Jo and they have a little girl named Savannah Jo. They are expecting another baby in June, another girl. Savannah is turning one on the 7th, and they had a birthday party for her this past weekend where we went and saw her for the first time. What a teary reunion. Not sure if it's because I'm older, wiser, or have a family of my own. Probably a combination of all three. But we made a promise that we aren't going to let the years slip by like they have. The girls are cousins and we want them to know their family. We have tried finding my uncle and we think he is in Montana and the letters we write are never returned, and the phone numbers we find say that it's the wrong person. Then we will try a few months later and the phone number is disconnected. It's really sad that my uncle doesn't want to be part of Wade and his family's life. He's a grandpa, and would be a great one. My dad and mom have told Wade that they will be Savannah's grandma and grandpa. I will be posting pictures absolutely wonderful family weekend. Take Care. ~Miranda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment