Monday, August 11, 2008

The Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was jammed pack with activities, and maybe that is why I am so tired! Too much fun, and not enough sleep. First Randy had his regular softball game on Friday and it was our turn to bring the beer. Everyone always brings Bud Light and Budweiser and everyone knows I drink Coors Light! So that is what I took. Randy drinks MGD now and then so we took a case of that too as well as a 12 pack of Budweiser. I told Randy they are not going to care it is Coors Light because it was free! So we didn't get home until 11:00pm on Friday night. I had been trying to get a baby sitter all week for Saturday night. Our regular was out of town on a family vacation, and my back up never did answer. So on Friday night I was asking other families what they were doing with their kids. Another Mom who is 28 yrs old and a mother to 4 boys (who all look exactly like their dad!). God bless her! Anyway, she offered me her baby sitter as her two older boys were going to be gone and that the babysitter would like to watch Karenza. She was excited. She is a trooper like that. I kind of felt bad dropping her off at a strangers house. But, she has played with the boys' at all the softball games and she does know the parents from softball too. She was a trooper and she went willingly (with Bronco Blanket in hand!).

Then it was his state tournament on Saturday. They had their first game at 9am, and the other team didn't show so they won by forfeit. Their second game was at 2:30pm. By then the rain had settled in and it was pouring! Karenza and I sat in the truck and were singing (her to the top of her lungs to songs she didn't really know!). Didn't have a camera with! They never did call they game, although in the 4th inning they delayed for about 30 minutes so the Park and Rec could dry out the infield with some fresh sand. Game was over at about 4:30 and we were to meet at the North Walmart at 6:00pm so we all could follow each other to Dave's house. Where the year-end softball tournament was. He lives about 10-15 miles northeast of Bismarck. We came home showered real quick grab the side dish I made to take a long (taco/mexican dip in a 9X13 pan). Crystal and Jerric's house is right by the north Walmart so that is where we dropped Karenza off at. She went like a trooper and didn't make me feel bad about leaving her there. She first thought when I told her she was going to Crystal house for a little bit she thought it was her "Auntie Crystal", Randy's sister. I had to break the news it wasn't her Auntie she was going to see. She was okay with it. We grab some more beer and some other fun drinks at the Walmart Liquor store. About 6 packed cars left for Dave's about 7:00pm. After raining all day, and the gravel roads we had to take. The truck sure is a mess! We didn't get back in to Bismarck until 1:00am and it was a fun time. Great food! Good Laughs! My stomach and face hurt so bad that night. We played Bocce ball, and it brought back memories of when the company I work for use to be smaller and before we joined LexisNexis. On Friday's at about 3:30pm or so we used to have a couple drinks and play Bocce ball back by the copier. Good times there as well! Anyway, 7:30am came awful early for Randy's game on Sunday! They lost their game on Sunday. It was close, but I think everyone had too much fun the night before. We were home by 12:00pm had some lunch and all went back to bed! Yesterday afternoon was a lazy day.

We are going camping this weekend and are leaving on Thursday night to go up to Riverdale. Karenza has been asking everyday for the last week! I am sure she is going to drive me crazy asking everyday. Today was hard to get her to even go to daycare. Should be fun to just get away. Not much cell phone reception up there which will be nice for us just to be together as a family.

This morning when Karenza and I were getting ready for daycare I was putting her in the backseat of our Expedition and I saw a frog in our garage! Not a small frog either. I have no idea how he got in there! I am thinking when I opened the garage door this morning he must have hopped in there. It was raining last night and overcast/raining this morning. I tried to get him out, but he jumped every way but towards outside! He even peed (or some kind of defense mechanism) in the garage. I think he was mad at me as well as I was at him. He eventually hopped behind Randy's golf clubs sitting in the corner and I thought I could be in here all day trying to get him out. I haven't opened the door yet again today. My mind went crazy that if I opened the garage I wouldn't be able to see him and I would scare him and he would scare me. So when I came home I left the truck sit outside. Hopefully Randy can get him out. I didn't realize it but I kind of am afraid of frogs I think. He gives me shivers when I try to get near, and when he jumps I jump! I am sure it was a site to see! Anyway, I"ll leave it to Randy and let him be the hero. I just hope the frog isn't making a mess in my garage! Gross!

Hopefully this week will go by fast so I can have a little peaceful get away with my family! Today at work was ridiculous. Something is really wrong with my computer/email. Friday it was slow, today I never did get all my emails. Took over 3 hours for me to receive all most of my emails from over the weekend and this morning! I couldn't even get on the Internet to put in a request for IT to help me. I finally called my manager and asked him to help. Still haven't heard back from anyone! Not much I can get done until someone helps me. My home computer works just fine, so it is not my connection. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Not a good start the work week for me. Good thing it's a short one for me!

One last parting note. Did anyone else see those babies that were born in Fergus Falls, MN and Cedar Rapids, IA? They were born on 8/8/08 at 8:08am and weighed 8lbs 8oz. Crazy stuff.
http://wcco.com/watercooler/babies.born.date.2.792263.html

Have a good week.
~Miranda

No comments: