Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Baby Really Is a Big Girl!

Below are new pictures of Karenza's new bed. Mom and Dad's neighbor bought three twin size beds from this old farmer who hand made them out of oak. It has a headboard (if you can see it any any pictures with all her pillows) and it is all one piece. It doesn't require a box spring just the mattress. All of this (including the mattress, a comforter, and an end table that we haven't received yet) for only $50! Mom and Dad's neighbor only have two kids, and they are not having anymore kids. So Mom and Dad brought it over yesterday. Mom and I had went shopping for her bedding about a month ago and so she has been asking almost everyday when her new bed is coming.

When we first moved and was situating her room she declared that she wanted and needed curtains. I thought maybe she was just saying this because she had seen mine. But, she insisted she need curtains and when are you going to buy them for me! She had a curtain in her other room before we moved and it was a really pretty cream. She wanted orange and pink for some reason. We compromised on a Cinderella curtain of her carriage and it is just pink.

Anyway, she knew her bed was coming yesterday morning and this is how Randy and I woke up she was sitting in the living room (which we didn't know she was up yet) and shouting and singing to the top of her lungs "It's morning time and I get my bed today!" Over and over again. I woke up and was wondering where she was screaming this from. I finally found her sitting on the couch. Anyway, below are pictures of yesterday. Mom and Dad also bought her a little pool for us to put on the patio fo her. She loves it! Yesterday was definitely a good day in Karenza's world thanks to her Papa and Grandma! :o)
Can you see the Vaness Hudgens (or Gabriella from High School Musical) poster in the back ground. Karenza absolutely loves her!


Taking a nap





Can't believe my baby is in a twin size bed! She looked so big in her toddler bed, and now she looks so little in her twin size bed. I always call her "Baby" I guess that is my little nickname for her, or secretly just want her to be little forever! She is just growing up way to fast for me. Yesterday I told her that her bed would have been nice to have last week as her and I wouldn't have had to sleep on the couch all week together. Her and I could have slept in her bed. Well, I opened my mouth, so last night when we were getting her ready for bed. She said "C'mon Mom, you can sleep with me now!" She started to cry, and I felt bad, so I laid with her until she fell asleep. I just stared at her as she slept and how beautiful my baby is, and how big she is getting. And if I get sad over her upgrading to a twin size bed I have no idea how I am going to be when she starts Kindergarten or other milestones in her life. Anyway, when I woke up this morning she was standing on my side of the bed and asked me "Mom, why are you in your bed sleeping?" I said "You pushed Mommy out of bed!" I waited for her reaction hoping she wouldn't be sad. She said "Oh, I am sorry Mommy!" with a smile. It was all good!
In about an hour we are going to go with Mom and Dad when they take the camper up to Riverdale. So we know where they campground is at that they are leaving it at for this whole month. We are going to go up from the 14-17th so we wanted to know how to get there and to make sure we know how everything works. I worked for about 4 hours today, and am now caught up to where I should be. Although I think they are behind as well as I didn't get my reports until late on Friday. Anyway, I am where I am supposed to be. Anyway, hope you all had a great weekend. Talk Soon!
~Miranda



No comments: