Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Painting Toe Nails and Finger Nails...

Well, it seems I may have my own personal manicurist/pedicurist! Yesterday after we had gotten home from dinner I thought Karenza was in her room picking up her toys as she was getting ready for bed (that is a rule at our house, all toys picked up before we go to bed). Anyway, here she came with her hands behind her back and she had a look on her face that she had done something. I thought maybe she broke a toy or something, and then I smelt it! Fingernail polish!! I said, "Let me see!" she shook her head no. In a more stern voice I said "Let me see!" She pulled her hand around front and she had not only painted her fingernails, but also her fingers! I said where is the polish? She shrugged her shoulders. I went into her room, and there was nothing. I went into her bathroom (the main bathroom) and still I couldn't see anything. I said "take me to where you did this!" She led me to my room on my side of the bed. There on the floor was a little tote that had been sitting underneath my end table since we've moved in here that I forgot was there let alone remember there was fingernail polish in there. Pink fingernail polish is all over my cream carpet. I left that, and took her into my bathroom and started to take the fingernail polish off her fingers with fingernail polish remover. I didn't have much left, and it didn't seem to be working as fast as I wanted it too! So I took a washcloth and scrubbed her hands under warm water and that seemed to be working better. Needless to say she was sent to bed right away. Well, this morning she woke up and the first thing she said to me was "I am so sorry that I painted my fingers Mommy!" I said you promise to never do that again? I said if you want then painted you have to ask Mommy okay?" She agreed. Then she said look Mom, and lifted her legs up onto the center island as she was eating her cereal this morning. I was so upset last night that I didn't even think too look at her toes! There were all painted too! Of course, why wouldn't you paint those too? All my fingernail polish I keep on the highest shelf in both bathrooms. I usually use quick drying fingernail polish on Karenza too. Anyway, I took pictures of her toes cause she actually did a nice job on them. Not that she will be doing them again anytime soon by her self!

Also, Randy had a gift certificate that he received from work to the Bistro. I had never eaten there before partly because it's so expensive. Below is also a picture of Karenza and her "fancy" mac and cheese as she called it. We had crab cakes for an appetizer and they were delicious. I had ordered the grilled salmon, and Randy had the pecan-crusted walleye. It was good, but we seem to know how to cook fish a little better. Boy, do I miss Seattle for the fresh seafood (and cheaper). But, it was still good. For the three of us to eat it was $94.00! I only had one drink (Strawberry Margaretta on the rocks) and Randy had two glasses of wine. This weekend is McQuade's Softball tournament and Randy (thank goodness) isn't playing in it this year. Hopefully we don't have to go to much. Last year I remember I got fried for sitting in the sun all year. We'll see what our plans are this year. Have a good rest of the week.

No comments: