Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter, and Well, More Flooding

We decided to have Easter dinner on Saturday at Holly and Jer's. We weren't able to leave until Randy got off work on Saturday. He keeps the club open from 8-12pm on Saturday and well since it is getting so nice outside people have been coming in and using the batting cage so much that he didn't get home until 1:30! So we didn't get to Holly's until 2:15 (yes I was speeding the whole way...whoops!). But the way we went was perfect except the last couple miles to their place. They live 6 miles off of the highway, and there were only a couple parts where I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get through. We had to leave by 6:45pm because water was going over the road the way we came to their house so we had to find another road to get home. There are 5 different ways to get to the highway from their house. Jer and his Dad were in one vehicle, and my Mom, Dad and Grandma followed to see which way we could get out. They called and thought there was one way we could still drive through, but the water was going across the road. Of course I didn't even think to snap any pictures of it. Jer's Dad had water shoes up to his knees on and walked through it a couple times to see if we could get through. Dad went first with his 4 wheel drive Chevy truck. It looked like he had a hard time getting through. He called after he made it across and said that it wasn't as bad as it looked. But, with Randy being from the city (sorry Babe nothing against you!) I felt more comfortable with Jer's Dad driving our 4 wheel drive Ford Expedition across, and then he could walk back through the water to his and Jer's vehicle they were in. So he put it in 4-high and gave it all he had. It tried pulling us to the left and it is just like quick sand in there. We probably really shouldn't have even tried to drive through it, but we did because we knew it was only going to get worse and we didn't have Randy's night time insulin so we needed to get home some how that night. We made it. However, Holly and Jer weren't able to go to work today because all 5 ways are totally flooded and there is no way they can drive through any of them now. I just can't believe how fast the water moves! We were there for a little over 4 hours and the roads were all flooded in that matter of time.



Yesterday, Mom, Dad, Randy, Karenza, and I went for a drive to look at the Heart River, and Apple Creek. A couple of the roads were flooded, and we knew it was going to get worse we just didn't think it would be this fast. Mom called me this afternoon and told me I had to come out to their house to see the water that I just wouldn't believe it. The same roads we drove on yesterday afternoon were now flooded!! The road I take to my parents' is now flooded. I usually take Apple Creek Road, and take a left on Barston Lane. They live on the corner of Barston Lane and Viking Drive. Well, Barston Lane is now flooding (because of Apple Creek) and below are the pictures of the road I would normally take to Mom and Dad's place. So below are pictures of our weekend, the flooded roads, and a video of the water. I had to do a video of the water just so you can hear it gushing across the road.
Karenza dying Easter Eggs at Mom and Dad's
Wiping the spoon before checking the eggs in each cup
Karenza's Easter basket from the Easter Bunny at Holly and Jer's (From Mom and Dad)

Before the Easter Egg Hunt

Uncle Randy and Addison
Karenza found all her eggs

After Easter dinner (See Karenza's side pony tail, that is what she requested!)
Karenza going with Uncle Jer to see the baby calf
Karenza's Easter Basket. I set it right at the end of the island so that when she walks down the hall way when she woke up this would be the first thing she saw. She loved everything!!Checking out her Easter Basket
Karenza helping Bob, Mom and Dad's neighbor today

Walking down the hill on Barston Lane from Mom and Dad's house.

Barston Lane, and Apple Creek Road. Last summer there was no water here at all!

There is suppose to be a highway (Apple Creek Rd.) go through all that water

Look at all that water. It is so powerful it is just gushing across the road!You can see the road just getting washed away. Just crazy!!

Walking back up to Mom and Dad's house

Video of the water going across Barston Lane

No comments: