Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dr. Appointment

I had a doctor appointment on Tuesday at 10:00am. Randy had a follow up appointment on his shoulder at 11:30am, and then a physical therapy appointment at 11:50am. We were running around going to doctor appointments all morning. At my appointment we were excited because we knew this would be the first time we would be able to hear the heart beat. She was having difficulty trying to locate the heartbeat. She used two different Doppler machines to try and locate the heartbeat. She had an intern following her, and she tried and couldn't either. Needless to say we were pretty scared/nervous at this point. Although my doctor (Dr. Quisno) assured me that this is normal. She went and got an ultrasound machine, and as she was wheeling it in the room she said "Don't be alarmed this ultrasound machine is from 1980!" I had to laugh it was old, but it showed me my baby!! It showed fetal heart movement, and it showed it floating/spinning around. We could see the baby's head, and even a little hand. It is just crazy that I am not showing yet, and yet there is that little human being inside me. Amazing. Since they new where the baby was at on my stomach they put the Doppler machine on that same exact spot to see if we could hear the heartbeat. We only heard it for a split second. She told me I could come back in two weeks, as two weeks would make a world of difference. She told me that if she was me she wouldn't want to wait another 4 weeks to have to hear a strong heart beat. So with that I am going back in two weeks to hear the heartbeat!! They took a urine sample (like they do every time you go) and I have +1 protein in my urine already. She said that diet has nothing to do with having protein in your diet. It how my kidney's function. So she said I can still have protein in my diet as it is important to the baby. Since I had severe preeclampsia with Karenza they are keeping a close eye on the protein and blood pressure. First time I went to the doctor (about a month ago) my blood pressure was high, but on Tuesday it was perfect! So hopefully that can stay the same. I can't wait for my next appointment to see/hear my baby again. Only 9 more weeks and we will be able to find out what we are having; another girl to the family, or the family's first boy!! As long as it's healthy we will be happy with what ever it is. Below is the size of the baby this week. Crazy huh?

No comments: