Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday & Our Christmas Tree

Holly and I were out and about on Black Friday. Yes, I am one of those crazy people who waits out in the cold at 4am! But, this year we didn't leave the house until about 9am. We waited for Addie to wake up and have her first feeding before we left the house. Cassidy and Karenza stayed with Randy for a little bit in the morning until my Dad came and got the girls to take them shopping. We headed to the mall first and were there until about 11:30 or so. Then we headed up to Pinehurst Square where Kohls and Old Navy are. We got such great deals!! I am almost done Christmas shopping. What a great feeling!! We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's and then we headed to Walmart to get wrapping paper. My sister and I had a blast spending the day together. We laughed and giggled all day, and found really good deals. Addie was such a trooper! She had one other feeding at about 11:30, and then she slept the whole day we were out. BHS marching band was in the mall and marching playing Christmas music. We stood out side of Herberger's and the drums and cymbals were all going and Addie didn't even flinch. Everyone commented on how such a good baby she was.

I am looking for a My Size Barbie Princess Liana for Karenza. They had them at Walmart for $35.00, and of course were out by the time I got there. I have been looking on the Internet for them, but can only find them on e-bay for about $90.00!! So we'll see. I bid on one of them and was already outbid. I seriously do not want to pay a $100.00 for this thing. But Karenza wants this from Santa, so I have some time to try and find it cheaper.

Today we put up our Christmas tree. It is so pretty. While we were putting it together it started to snow. I got goose bumps, and knew that my Grandpa was looking down on us as we were putting it together. Christmas is my most favorite holiday, and this is our first holiday without him. It will be a hard one. Karenza was such a good helper with the Christmas tree. We have an artificial tree, and she is just getting so big! She was careful, and was helping with the lights and even help put the balls & ribbon on the tree. I am really anal about my Christmas tree. It is all in red and silver and then I wrap my Christmas presents to match my Christmas tree. So the only wrapping paper I buy is red and silver and then red and silver bows as well. It looks really pretty. I took some pictures, but am too lazy to upload them to my computer right now. Maybe later in the week.

Thanksgiving went really well. I got up at about 8:30am and starting making the meal. It was done and ready to eat at about 12:20pm. It was my first Thanksgiving meal I have made for my family. I have made it for just Randy and I when we lived in Seattle, and I have gotten better. I will not blog about my first Thanksgiving dinner I attempted to make for Randy, but it is one story him and I will always have! :-) Anyway, this year was a little better. Everyone had seconds, and ate again about 6pm so it must have been worth eating! I was certainly stuffed and ate my fair share. We watched football all day, and played cards. It certainly was a fun relaxing Thanksgiving. Hope yours was as fun and relaxing!!

Can't believe Christmas season is here already! Yeah!!!

No comments: