Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Conversation between Karenza and a Waitress

Below is a conversation between Karenza and our waitress Friday night.

Waitress: "Hi I am Lacy, and I will be taking care of you tonight. Is there anything I can bring for you to drink?"

Karenza: "Hi Lacy, I will have a um chocolate milk, please."

Waitress: "Okay, I will be right back with your drinks" (after Randy and I ordered ours too.)

After about 5 minutes...

Waitress: "Here is your chocolate milk"

Karenza: "Thank you"

Waitress: "You sure are a polite and pretty little girl"

Karenza: Smiling and kind of a look like I know "Thank you"

Waitress: "Are we ready to order or do we need a few more minutes to look over the menu"

Karenza: "I am ready to order"

Waitress: "Okay, what can I get for you?"

Karenza: "I will have the macaroni and cheese please"

Waitress: "Okay, would you like fries, carrots, or mashed potatoes?"

Karenza: "Well, actually I don't really like mashed potatoes, but I will try the fries!"

Waitress: with a little giggle, said "Sounds good! You are too cute!"

I of course started laughing and Randy was shaking his head. I mean, like she has never had french fries before! What a kid. Every time we have gone out to eat lately she has to be the one to order and tell the "Order Lady" (is what she calls her) what she wants. I sometimes tell the waitress or waiter what she'll be having and I'll get a "MOM! I can do it!" So I immediately bite my tongue and tell her I am sorry. We play restaurant at home and I bought her a little apron and she loves to play! I realize she is about to be 4 in two week and she is growing up and getting to be so independent! She makes me laugh everyday! Today she is going to the pumpkin patch with her Papa and Grandma. I have a house to clean and clothes to wash. It's amazing that I find so much other stuff to do during the week than those two things! Ha!

No comments: