Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Grayson's Visit

Hi There! It's been a busy week. On Saturday after Randy's football game Cindy (Karenza's daycare provider) called and asked if I would be able to watch her girls for a couple hours. Randy was busy with training a client for the afternoon, and Karenza and I were just going to be home so I of course said I would. The are 18 months old twins. We had our hands full. They were so good, and so cute! Karenza tried holding Brenna and they tipped over and she started to cry and so I picked up Brenna and was sitting in the chair with her and then Brailyn wanted to be held and then Karenza was jealous so I was holding all three on my lap! Not enough of me to go around, but I did love having little ones in the house again! Made Karenza seem so much older to me. I always think of her as being little 'cause she is the only one I have, but with the littles in the house she seemed to big to me! She was such a good help. She shared her toys with them, and helped them with their snacks, and even wanted to help change their diapers. When it's her turn to be a big sister she definitely will be a great one!

Brailyn is on the left, and Brenna is on the right. Brenna's shirt says "It wasn't me it was my evil sister!" HA!




Then on Sunday we got a call from Randy's sister and said that they had left Alabama that morning and were driving through ND on her way to Alaska. She is moving back there, and Randy's Dad was helping her drive. They drove straight through and got here about 9:30 Monday morning. They stayed the whole day, and left at about 4:30am. It sure was nice to see them. Crystal has a five year old daughter Naijayla and her and Karenza talk on the phone all the time so it was nice for them able to play. I was listening to them have a conversation and Jayla said at one point "You know Karenza, Grandma sure does miss you!" Karenza said "Yeah - I know!" haha We hadn't seen them since our wedding. Even though it was short it was still so glad to be able to see them. We miss them so very much. Karenza cried and cried when she woke up Tuesday morning and they were gone. I felt so bad for her. Maybe we will see them at Christmas. We'll see. Below are short pictures of their short stay:
Karenza and Naijayla coloring in Karenza's room. They always talk about coloring so they finally got to do it together, and I put the pictures up on the fridge. They play so well together!


Karenza and Jayla looking through the wedding album trying to find themselves. Karenza said "My mom always cried at the married!"

Smile girls!


Crystal braiding Karenza's hair for me. I wish we lived closer to each other so she could do her hair for me! It always looks so nice when she does it!

Sitting so good!

Jayla visiting with Karenza while she gets her hair done.

The whole gang!

Papa getting some sleep before he has to drive another 14 hours to Washington!

No comments: