Friday the 5th was my last day of full responsibility for work. My last official day will be October 8th. I am just available if they need me for questioning on anything. I am not hanging around my office much, and said if they need me they can reach my cell phone too if it's an emergency. They haven't called, but I have gotten quite a few emails. I still have been taking Karenza to daycare to try and keep the normalcy in her life, and so I don't loose her spot. I try and keep her home one day a week though. She loves going, and she gets excited to stay home one day too. She will stay home with me tomorrow as my cousin and his wife just had a baby yesterday in Jamestown and so we will drive there for the day. It's about a hour and a half drive. Mom gets back today from Washington state. Her, my Grandma and Aunt and Uncle drove there for a wedding and have been gone a week. Mom and Dad went to Las Vegas first weekend in Sept. and got home Monday and then Mom went to the west coast. So she's been busy, and will be glad to be home I am sure.
This past weekend I took Karenza to Sesame Street Live (forgot my camera!) and her and I had a blast. I bought tickets for the 11th row from the stage and they were such good seats. What a cute show. Abby Cadabby came out in the crowd and gave Karenza a high five and she was so excited. Sesame Street had a number of the day and the letter of the day. The number of the day was 1 and the letter of the day was 'K'. When that letter popped up on the screen she said "Mommy, that's my letter!" I have been working and working with her on writing her name and we haven't gotten past the 'K' yet, so she is really familiar with the letter K, and when ever she sees it anywhere she points it out that it is her letter. How perfect was that, that her letter was being used in their show! I bought her a toy a spinning Elmo that lights up for $15.00 and then we went and got some popcorn, and water. She wanted ice cream and it was $3.75 for one scoop of ice cream!! I thought that was really expensive, but I bought it for her any way. We got to our seats and she took about 5 licks and it started to melt and get all over and she looked at me and said "Mommy, is it okay if I don't want this any more?" So I took it and threw it in the garbage! There was an intermission for 15 minutes and during the intermission they sold Elmo balloons. Well every kid was getting them, so I couldn't tell her no when she was looking at all the other kids' balloons too. The balloon was $8.00! I am just glad I don't have 5 kids. We'd be sitting in the general admission session all sharing/fighting over one toy and one balloon! That's when you bring their Grandpa and Grandma along! hahaha. But we did have fun and she really enjoyed it so it was worth it. Plus her and I got to do it together just by ourselves. We don't get to do that too often.
Karenza stayed with my Dad on Saturday night after Elmo. She was taking care of him while Grandma was away! I am not sure what time they went to bed or what time she woke up but she came home so naughty. I think Grandma must be the one who installs a little discipline when the parents aren't around. Papa is well, just a Papa! She had fun though.
Below are some pictures throughout last week:
That deviant smile
This is how she came out of her bedroom last night when I called her for dinner
Notice a crown & a tutu on her head, and the high heels on her feet. I of course told her she looked so beautiful!
This is how she was dressed when she came out of her room when her dad came home from football practice last night. His t-shirt on and a pair of bunny ears on her head!




No comments:
Post a Comment