Friday, August 28, 2009

Preschool

Randy and I had been discussing about putting Karenza into preschool this year. She goes to a great daycare that works with her on learning. We just thought she need the structure of going into a classroom, and having a teacher. She needs to work on her listening skills, and not interrupting when someone is talking. She knows all her numbers, most of her letters, knows how to write her name, all her shapes, and all her colors. We have been practicing writing other letters besides just the letters in her name too. Anyway, Mom and I, a couple weeks ago went looking at preschools. The first place we stopped was The Angel Academy. Well of course Karenza absolutely loved it. Before we went in I explained to her that she had to not interrupt when I was talking with the teacher, she couldn't play with any of the toys she saw, and that she had to be well behaved. She did very well. We toured the gym, and the classroom. They only had a few spots left open so we just decided to sign her up! She'll only be going for a couple hours a day MWF from 9-11:20. But, I think that will be plenty of time for her to get adjusted to going to kindergarten. Her favorite part was going school supply shopping, and clothes shopping. She went with Cassidy when she went school shopping, and was wanting so bad to get the same things as her. I can't believe she is even old enough to pick out a backpack, and folders she wants to take to school! The preschool gave me sheets of papers I had to fill out, and included in these papers was a sheet that said "First Day Jitters". It was for parents! On how hard it will be to see "our baby" growing up and start school we need to try and hold our composure because some kids may see Mommy crying, and wonder if this is really a good place to be left with out their Mom! Karenza informed me that I don't need to cry at all. That it's just time for her to grow up, and do big girl things now! I am so glad I am getting another baby in 8 weeks I can cuddle, and snuggle with before she is off to preschool too!!

I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday, the 26th, and took Karenza's immunization record to see if she needed any updates on her shots. Well she needed four!!! She got all her updates, and won't need any now for even when she start kindergarten. So I made her an appointment for this morning. Poor thing was so scared to get her shots. She cried when I first told her that she needed them. Then we slowly discussed that if she wanted to go to school that she needed them. So she finally convinced herself that it was okay. She weighs 44lbs, and is 44inches (3 1/2 feet). They said she is in the 80 percentile for her weight, and in the 90 percentile for her height! Anyway, they had two nurses give her shots. They both did the shots in the arms at the same time. Karenza tried to be tough, but she cried. She told me she didn't want to go to school any more! I started to cry seeing her cry. Seems like it's harder when they are older, or maybe not, but as a Mom it hurts to see your baby crying (no matter how old the baby is!!). Then they did the shots in her legs at the same time as well. She was crying, and I wrapped her up in my arms (even with my big belly in the way) and held her! She picked two suckers, and she even gave me one! She didn't cry too long, but it still hurts me. Mom was with us, and I said that she needed to comfort me, as I comforted Karenza! We then took Karenza out for breakfast, and she had pancakes and sausage (her favorites). Then Mom bought her two new pairs of shoes, and new socks for school. She is fine now, and is running around and jumping. Her Papa promised he'd take her to the park tonight after he got off of work.

As for my doctor appointment things went good. Blood pressure was 124/84. Gained 3 lbs. Protein was +1 for my urine, which was better then last time. My doctor wanted to do a 24 hour urine test so I stayed home all day yesterday to do that. If I don't have to ever do that again in my lifetime that would be just fine with me. So gross!! Baby is very active, and heartbeat is good as well. I did housework the other day, and what use to take 1/2 a day it now takes me all day to do! Afterwards, my feet and ankles were swollen, so now no more housework for this Momma. I told the other two people who live in this house that they have to be more conscious of picking up after themselves. We'll see. Only 8 weeks left until this baby arrives. C-section date has been set for October 23rd at 7am. Two days after Karenza's birthday. I am happy with that, and hope I don't go into labor sooner then that. I can have Karenza's birthday the weekend before on the 17th. I will be huge, but at least I won't be trying to recover from a c-section.

This weekend is Addison's first birthday party! So I will have a picture post next time.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I can't believe Karenza is old enough to be starting school! She is growing up fast! Just over a month until the new one arrives. Are you ready?