Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Little Track Star!!

Today we (Mom, Randy and I) took Karenza to the mall for a fundraiser put on by Community Action Program for babies and toddlers. The cost of being in the race was a pack of diapers. All donated items are then given to families who can't afford diapers, and toddler items. They had different races/heats for babies who are crawlers, babies who are just learning to walk(tot trott), 3 year olds(runners), and then 4 year olds (sprinters). Karenza was so excited! Mom picked Karenza and I up this morning and we went for breakfast. Randy worked until noon, and Papa is really busy at work. Registration was at noon, and the race began at 1:00pm. They started with the babies, and they were so cute. Some just would sit there, and others would crawl half ways and then hear music and stop and then sit up and dance. It was so cute. Their parents were cheering and cheering to get them to cross the finish line. All participants received a green ribbon just for participating. 1st place and 2nd place also received blue and red ribbons. Then the 1st place winner won a Color Wonder Finger paint set, and could pick one item (toys, games, blankets) off of a table. Second place got to pick a toy off the table too. Karenza was so anxious and just couldn't wait for her turn. One parent stood with them at the start line, and the other stood at the finish line. Randy choose to be with her at the start. They had been practicing on her stance. She had it down to a T! I was at the finish line, and you'll have to excuse me on the video below I was a little excited!! I was screaming for my baby!! She won 1st place by a land slide!!!!!!!!! I was so proud of her. She was so excited, and I was excited she made me cry. :-) I don't know how I will be when she is really participating in track, oh my!! After the race, she said "I just knew I'd win!!" So she got a blue ribbon of 1st place, a Color Wonder Finger paint set, and she picked out a Barbie. Below is the video of our little track star!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

she really smoked em!

Melanie Ostergard said...

Yeah for Karenza. What a speedy girl.