I have been keeping a list of names that Karenza has suggested we name the new baby. She thinks of names of people we already know, and I told her we have to think of a new name of someone we don’t already know. We don’t want our baby to have the same name as someone else we know. So she has come up with some funny ones. See her list below. One of the reasons we chose Karenza is because we had never heard it before until we were looking for names, and I haven’t heard another kid her age with that name. We have received so many compliments on her name and people say they have never heard that name before. Although, I have found out that when she participates in group activities and she tells people her name they think she says “Carrisa”. So that is the only down fall of her name. But, I still love it!
Madelyn
Peyton
Tyler
Dillon
Sarah
Robatcha (sp?) this a boy’s name according to Karenza
Miranda
Randy
Karenza
Addison
Cassidy
Squirt
Elizabeth
Barack Obama
Lebron
Jordan
We have taken these all into consideration, or have told her we appreciate her help with the process. We do, however, want to include her in on the process. Or make her feel like she is in on the process. This is a big deal for her too!
We are looking for another name that is different, and not really heard of. The last thing I want my child to do is go to school and have three other kids with the same name. I don’t want any off the wall names either though. I just want them to fit who I think would be our next baby. It will be interesting and fun as Randy and I don’t really have any names picked out. We had a heck of a time coming up with Karenza until I heard it one day, and I begged and begged for it to be our baby’s name. Randy liked it okay at first, and then I just kept pushing it and won! Randy has a name he wants for a boy, and I am not really sold on it (yet). He has kept pushing it and texts it to me at least once a week with the full name. The only name we have agreed on is our boy’s middle name. We’ll see how far he gets me on the first name he wants. We have no girl names, no girl middle names, and no boy first name either. It is only 5 more weeks until we find out what we are having then we will start looking harder for the perfect name we can’t live with out. I won’t be sharing what the name is of our child when we do decide. I will tell you all what the sex of the baby will be when we find out, but the baby's name shall remain nameless until the day it’s born. Some thing has to be a surprise for you all! :o)
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
She sure is creative with the names! It will be fun when you know what it is, so you can concentrate on either boy or girl names. There are so many to choose from! I know what you mean about wanting a name that is not too common, that was part of our decision. Especially since his last name will be Johnson!
Post a Comment