I haven't blogged lately because I haven't been feeling the hottest. I had a doctor appointment last week, and it wasn't so good. I ended up going by myself because Randy wasn't able to get away from work. I lost a pound since last time I was there, and my blood pressure was up (144/98). The last two times I went it was perfect (122/82 & 121/83)! My doctor wanted blood work done, and my white blood cell count is up. My protein was a little up (but same as last time), my sodium levels were okay, and my blood glucose level was okay as well. I was at the appointment for almost an hour and a half. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was 155 bpm. Before I left they checked my blood pressure one more time and it was 140/98. With my blood pressure still up they wanted me to come back the following week to see if it was still high. My doctor has mentioned bed rest, and I just am not ready for that especially during the summer!! When I went back this week it was 121/70! What the heck? I have been going to my appointments the same time (morning), and I have tracked what I ate and what I have been doing to see why my blood pressure can fluctuate so much. I really thought it was going to be high when I went back this week because I was so stressed out before I went. I got cut off in traffic so I had to slam on my breaks and, my drink spilled all the way into the back seat! I just reached my boiling point and couldn't take it any more. So I don't know. I just keep hoping it will stay where its at.
I have been feeling the baby move more and more (actually moving as I am typing this). Randy and Karenza haven't been able to feel the baby move yet, but it shouldn't be too long as I feel the kicks are getting stronger. I am also still getting sick. It's just beyond ridiculous at this point. We went for breakfast on Monday morning and when my food came I took one bite and had to head to the bathroom. I felt so sorry for the others that were in there listening to me. Not very pleasant. But, what is a pregnant lady to do? I am 18 weeks, and still miserable. Will this madness ever end? I am just super excited that we find out June 10th what we are having. Then I can at least narrow down our name list by 50%, because we still can not agree on anything. I don't have any suggestions, but I don't like any my husband has been giving me. I'll start searching once I know what we are having. Most everyone has guessed it's a boy. Guess we will have to wait and see. Karenza told me the other day that she thinks it's a baby brother because he's being so naughty to me. It's a long time to Oct. 30th, and I am just hoping and praying I don't end up on bed rest.
To end on a funnier note the other night we were having dinner/supper, and we were just having a ham sandwich and some chips (something quick and easy when I don't feel too hot!) Anyway, Karenza asks Randy and I "Are you guys thinking what I am thinking?" We said "Well, what are you thinking?" She said "Well, I was just thinking that I sure wish I had a bigger mouth so I could take a bigger bite of this delicious sandwich!" ha!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
OMG, she's funny!! Thanks for sharing that little story.
I'm sorry you're still feeling so crummy. I wish I was closer, I'd come distract you a little bit. You're almost to the halfway point. Think of the cute little bundle you'll have when it's all over. Hugs!!
Post a Comment