Thursday, June 18, 2009

Doctor Appointment

I had a doctor appointment yesterday. My doctor wanted to know if we found out the sex, and she wanted to guess to see if she could guess right. So she first wanted to listen to the babies heartbeat. Every time she would get the heart beat the baby would move, and I could feel it. Sometimes it makes me jump a little depending on how hard she moves/kicks. Then I blew it by telling my doctor "She's been moving all morning!" Oops! But, she said she would have guessed a boy by the heartbeat.

Anyway, the ultrasound report was good. Baby is healthy, has a four-chamber heart, kidneys look good. Their only concern is that I am measuring too much amniotic fluid. Which can cause concern down the road she said. She scheduled another ultrasound for next Wednesday to have another look to check it again. She said it could have just been I am too hydrated or the baby could have just peed. So we'll see. I asked her what can be the issue down the road and she told me that she wanted to see the ultrasound results again before we got into the concerns. No need for me to worry about something if it was just because I was too hydrated, and the baby had just peed. I am excited to see my baby girl again! And maybe just have them try and confirm again if it's a girl.

I was looking back in a journal I kept while I was pregnant with Karenza, and as I don't remember this or being too worried about it I had a 2nd ultrasound with her as well. Hers was due to they couldn't see a 4-chamber heart. I don't remember freaking out about this!! I am glad for my journal otherwise I wouldn't have remembered that. But, the second ultrasound looked good for her. Let's hope for the same with this one! :-)

I am also measuring 3 weeks to big. Which might be the cause of the amniotic fluid as well. I also have only gained 3lbs since discovering we were expecting again. No weight gain since last time I was there (last time I was there I had lost a pound). So she said to me before I left that it wouldn't hurt to gain some weight!. When I was pregnant with Karenza I had no problem eating, but with this one it is hard. I get full so fast, but then in an hour I am hungry again. I'll try to gain some weight within the next month. My blood pressure was 133/84, which was better then last time I was at my appointment. She still wants me to come in periodically to have it checked before my next appointment on July 15th.

We also discussed which surgeon we preferred to have our c-section done. I only had concern for one doctor, and not to my surprise my doctor did as well. I told my doctor that which ever one she felt comfortable with I trusted her judgement. She gave me two options of who she likes to work with best and we agreed on have Dr. Iverson do to. Both my Mom and Aunt have went to her and they love her. My doctor scheduled a meet and greet session with her when I am 30 weeks along. We also discussed that my due date is October 30th, but that we will likely schedule the c-section on or around Oct. 15th if everything goes according to plan.

I can't believe we were making all these decisions and that I only go to the doctor two more times before I start going every two weeks, then every week! It seems to be going by very fast. Which to me is a good thing. The first part seemed to go slow, but now it seems like the months are flying by. I am glad my blood pressure was good so that there was no mention of bed rest at this appointment. YEAH!! I was worried I wouldn't be able to go on vacation with the rest of my family to Medora the second weekend in July. Karenza is really looking forward to it, and I would hate to disappoint her.

After our appointment I had a coupon that if I started a baby registry I got a free $20.00 Target gift card. As we don't need much we didn't put much on our registry. We do want a new stroller/car seat, a new swing, and new bedding. I liked a teal blue/brown stroller. It didn't really look boyish as I was thinking if she was wrapped in a pink blanket they wouldn't think she was a boy. Randy like a pink stroller! I was shocked because when we had Karenza he didn't want so much pink. He wanted more purple. He said that she's a girl, and girls are pink! So that is the one we went with, as well as the swing that matched it. After not having a baby for a few years there are some new stuff. Of course they always have the cutest girl clothes as well. I am sure it won't be too long before I'll be able to stroll through those aisles with my baby girl in her car seat with Karenza walking along side the cart. I'll have both my girls. How perfect is that?

This weekend we are having a birthday party for my Grandma. She turns 75 on June 28th, but we are having a party for her at my Mom and Dad's place on Saturday. Lots of people are coming, lots of kids for Karenza to play with. Should be fun, and the weather is suppose to warm. I've been helping Mom last week and this week getting ready for it. I'll take plenty of pictures and post next week. Have a great weekend!

No comments: