Randy had shoulder surgery on Monday. It was successful. We had to be at the hospital at 8:30am. We had dropped Karenza off at daycare, and went to check in. My Mom was sick with the flu, so my Dad came to sit with me during his surgery. Which, I am so glad he did because it would have made for an even longer day and I probably would have just sat there and not eaten anything. Not good when you are pregnant!! His surgery didn't start until 11:24pm (to be exact). When we checked in they gave me his patient number, and their was a monitor screen in the waiting area that told me when his surgery started, when it ended, and when he was in post anesthia care. Amazing. They said his surgery could take up to an hour and a half to two hours. So when he went into surgery we went to go get something to eat at the hospital cafeteria. We were gone a 1/2 hour and when we got back he was out of surgery. Which was at 12:14pm. They finally came and got me at 2:00pm to go and and see him. He was so tired. Dad stayed for about another hour and then when and got Karenza. She has been with them ever since. Our house sure has been quiet, but it's also been so nice so that Randy can rest. She will be coming home tomorrow which will be nice because she is so worried about her Daddy. But, she is also having fun with her Papa and Grandma too.
Randy starts physical therapy tomorrow already. I have been making sure he takes his pain medication every 4 hours on the 4th hour. He never complains about anything, so I have to make sure he takes care of his self. Since it was blizzarding outside today, and Randy is hurting we didn't leave the house today. At least we spent the day together for our anniversary. I cooked chicken and rice for our anniversary. It was the same thing we had for our wedding reception dinner as well was stuffed chicken.
Since Karenza hasn't been home I don't have any new pictures of her, and since a post really isn't a post without a picture I'll put a picture of my husband and me. :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment