Friday, March 20, 2009

Gymnastics

Well, we have tried gymnastics once again. A few weeks ago I asked Karenza if she wanted to be in a dance class or in a gymnastics class. She told me she already knew all the moves to dancing, and that she would like to be in gymnastics again. We did this when she was 2. She wasn't potty trained, and I had to guide her through each session. It was a disaster, because all she wanted to do was run and jump on everything. Two years later, she is potty trained, I don't have to guide her, and she is a very good listener. I told her there were 3 rules in gymnastics:

1) Listen to your teacher
2) Do not interupt your teacher when she's speaking
3) Wait your turn.

She did me very proud! Her teacher even commented that she had so much fun with her, and that she is such a great listener. Below are pictures of her first day. She will be going every Friday from 10:30-11:30 until May 15th.

Waiting for class to start

Stretching

Learning to stradel

Swinging on the high bar

Push off the low bar to swing
Jumping on the trampoline

Doing the stradel jump
Balancing on soft blocks

Learning the frontwards tumble

Tucking her chin to her chest

Head stand
All be herself. Tada!!

No comments: