Wow, was yesterday spectacular or what? I have never watched an inauguration with such full awareness as I did yesterday. Obama is an amazing speaker, and fills me with hope for not only me, but my child and my future children. Last night Randy and I were talking that even though Karenza doesn't really know the status of everything that is going on in this world that it gives us hope to know that someday she can look back and tell her grand kids she was part of history! That someday our way of life now, will be so abnormal as slavery. We all will be equal. That closed mind and closed hearts will be open. That discrimination will be a way of the past that Karenza or her kids won't ever believe that we lived this way. Obama gives us hope that we all can become unified, work together, and be successful no matter what race, religion, or sexual orientation. That we can all look at each other equal, and that one is not better then the other. I just think back to when slavery was legal and how hard headed and strong minded those individuals were. There are those individuals who are just as hard headed and strong minded today and back then they probably wondered how life would ever be without slavery because it had been that way for so long. It's been 40+ years since Martin Luther King spoke and gave those people hope. Even if it takes 40 years for us to be unified Karenza will be 44 and she will be able to live it and her kids will be able to live in a world where every one is equal. And maybe Obama won't be able to get us out of where we are, but he sure does give me hope and belief that we all can become one. If we work hard and have determination the skies the limit. I just looked at Karenza a little different last night knowing she has her future ahead of her and that she can be anything she wants to be! Truly inspirational.
"On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." - Barack Obama
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Well said, I agree wholeheartedly!!
Post a Comment